Physics Access within the Johnson Center, as all of the science departments, is divided into two distinct access zones. These zones allow Physics faculty members to authorize laboratory and classroom access to necessary faculty, staff, and students based upon their individual need. The zones and their designated doors are listed below. Access to the specific zones and the structure of the zones can be modified at any time as need arise. It is the intent of the zone structuring to split the Physics laboratories and classrooms into two levels, general and advanced. The general zone grants access to introductory level and general education rooms while the advanced zone grants access to all Physics laboratories and storage areas. Individual access outside of these zones may be tailored to fit the need of any student.
All doors within the Physics zones are enabled to operate in office mode. Students will not be granted this access privilege as determined by Campus Security.
Physics Labs General Zone (JC-ZN-PHYS-LABS-GENERAL)
- JC-009E Machine Shop
- JC-015 Advanced Physics Laboratory
- JC-016 Open Physics Lab/Research
- JC-016D Physics Lab Laptop Storage
- JC-031 Introductory Physics & Engineering
Physics Labs Advanced Zone (JC-ZN-PHYS-LABS-ALL)
- All doors within Physics Labs General Zone
- JC-009F Machine Shop Storage
- JC-009G Printing and Plotting
- JC-032 Laser Spectroscopy
- JC-032A Chemistry Equipment
- JC-032B Chemistry Equipment
- Elevators and Stair 1 access for after-hours access to LL