North Park University computers have the ability to connect to about one-hundred printers around campus.
Faculty and Staff machines have the ability to connect to several printers. Follow these instructions to start printing from your University wWindows or Apple computer.
Public computers (in lobbies and residence halls) will print automatically to nearby printers or use FollowMe printing.
North Park uses PaperCut to track and manage printers on campus.
These instructions are for domain-joined Windows 10 computers. If you have a newer InTune device, please contact IT for assistance.
- Click the Start Menu
- Click the Gear Icon for the Settings Menu
- Choose "Devices"
- Choose "Printers & Scanners" on the left menu
- Click on the "+" icon to "Add a printer or scanner"
- Campus printers should appear in this list. Select the appropriate printer and choose "Add device"
- If you can't see the printer you want, scroll to the end of this list and click on the link for "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Select "Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature"
- Enter the name and/or location (building) of the printer you're looking for
- Select your printer and choose "OK"
If you have more than one printer or device added, you can set the default by right clicking on the device in the Devices and Printers panel and choosing "Set as default printer"
Newer University Windows devices use Microsoft InTune. IT is working to make this process easier, but please contact IT Support Services for assistance adding campus printers.
- Open the Control Panel
- Select View devices and printers
- Select "Add a printer" at the top
- Select "The printer that I want isn't listed" at the bottom
- Select "Select a shared printer by name"
- Type "\\print\" or "\\print-3\" and you should see a list of printers appear
- Select "Next" to install the printer
Printers are named for their building and floor. Examples:
- AH1-Lobby is in Anderson Hall on the first floor in the lobby
- JC3-East is in Johnson Center on the 3rd floor on the East side of the building
Printers on University Mac computers should be installed using the Self Service application already present on the computer. Adding printers to your University Mac via self service ensures that you have the correct drivers and settings!
- Launch Self Service
- You will see a number of programs and processes available to launch. Choose the Printers menu at the left to show all the printers available to install.
- Find the printer you would like and choose "Install" to begin.
- You might be asked to confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, please test printing. You can view and edit the settings in the System Preferences > Printers & Scanners menu.